Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What to do with the old pond?

The pond area has been one area that has really confused me design wise. I kept going back and forth on whether or not I wanted to try and bring it back to life or do I completely blow it up and start from scratch with something different all together. The previous owners said the pond leaked pretty badly and so I decided to have a pond expert come over and give me some options before I decided what to do. I quickly realized that returning the pond to its original state would be very expensive, not only up front, but also to run and maintain. We also discussed re working the area to create a pond less waterfall feature that sounds really nice and is much less work, but it is still not cheap and still has maintenance issues. I knew that I wanted to add a small patio with a firepit off the deck, so I decided I would build that first and see what I had left over and put the water feature on the back burner. I am very glad I did as the space really changed more than I thought after constructing the patio. I have also come up with a solution for the remainder of the pond that works for now, but also leaves me the option of working in a pond less water feature in the future. Here is the patio after its construction.








No comments: